Here are the answers to some of our frequently asked questions. Don’t see the answer to your question here? Contact us to inquire.

Can I have an Outdoor Fire

Learn more by visiting our Outdoor Burning page.

Can I have a beach fire in Qualicum Beach

No. Qualicum Beach is within the Parksville-Qualicum Wildlife Management Area (WMA) which is designated under the Wildlife Act. We are in one of 31 WMAs in British Columbia.

Can I light fireworks in Qualicum Beach

Fireworks are only permitted on October 31st. Firecrackers are not permitted at any time. See Fireworks Regulation Bylaw No. 611.

What is the boundary of the Qualicum Beach Fire Protection Area

The Fire Protection Area is bounded by the ocean to the north, Laburnum Road to the west, Drew Road to the east, and the Inland Island Highway to the south.

How can I book a tour of the Fire Station

Contact us at or (250) 752-6232.

Where to take expired fire extinguishers

Fire extinguishers can be inspected by a fire extinguisher service technician from any local fire protection company. Empty and expired fire extinguishers can be dropped off at the Church Road transfer station.

Where to drop off expired marine flares

Contact either of the businesses below:

  • Pacific Coast Liferaft, Victoria – accepts all brands (250) 360-1573
  • The Harbour Chandler, Nanaimo – only accepts CIL/Orion flares (250) 753-2425
Do I need to keep a hydrant on my boulevard visible

Fire hydrants must be visible from the street if the fire department needs to find it quickly in the middle of the night.  Not only does it need to be visible, but we also need to be able to access it and have enough clearance to attach hoses and operate it safely.

What is the non-emergency number for the fire department

To reach the Qualicum Beach Fire Rescue non-emergency line, call (250) 752-6232.

For bylaw inquiries call the Town of Qualicum Beach at (250) 752-6921.

Do I need a permit to burn garden waste?

Yes, you need a permit to burn garden refuse. Apply for a burning permit here and drop it off at Town Hall. We’ll contact you to let you know if it’s approved or not.